[78-L] Victor's Sunrise label

Peter Fraissinet pf13 at cornell.edu
Sun Dec 28 17:14:59 PST 2008

Amazingly, I have picked up three in the past 20 years:
Sunrise S-3127 Carter Family : When The World's On Fire / Keep On The Sunny
Side
Sunrise S-3170 Jimmie Rodgers : My Time Ain't Long / You And My Old Guitar
Sunrise S-3265 Carter Family : Picture On The Wall / Amber Tresses
I can't remember which are which, but both orange-red and black labels are
represented.
I remember someone writing somewhere that they wondered whether all these
Sunrises were actually issued, since so few seem to have come to
light...certainly the Carter Family and Rodgers discs were among the most
common?

Of the (Grey Gull) Sunrise label, I also have three exemplars:
Sunrise 33038 Ben Burd & Bill White [=Bob Miller & Barney Burnett] : Little
Red Caboose
      b/w Ed Merrill [=J. Fitts] : Never Gwine To Ramble No More
Sunrise 33039 Francis Crowell [=Frank Luther] : The Farm Relief Song
      b/w Ben Burd & Bill White, Bill [Bob Miller & Barney Burnett] : The
Farmer's Letter To The President
Sunrise 33046 Village Dance Trio [=Joseph Samuels & Larry Briers] : Turkey
In The Straw / Old Time Jigs And Reels

Since these labels are so scarce, I thought this rundown might interest
some of you.

Peter Fraissinet
West Danby NY