[78-L] Dick Spottswood's Christmas Show, now Hannukah query re:radio

yves francois aprestitine at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 21 18:45:27 PST 2008

first: sorry about the post without my writing on it, guess it had to happen sometime!!

   Now, a question. Is there a place in the web for the Hannukah show, I'm VERY interested in Radio Hannukah, I am quite sick of Christmas songs all the time (I have no problems with Christmas songs per se or Christm,as for that matter, but really, 8 hours a DAY, and only heard Satchmo's ones once or twice)... and I live in a predominantly Jewish neighborhood to boot (regarding music however, the singing in the new year is something to behold, our neighborhood is a very conservative one, but we can talk to each other on the streets for hours given the right time, like day before election, for example), so you would think it would not be so prevalent here. Let me know, I'm interested (but I do not drive a car so XM will not do me many favors).BTW, I live very incontinently from all forms of public transport in Chicago, but the richness of cultures (and foods) can't be beat (Assyrians, Indian, Pakistani, Serbian, Georgian and so many others all having
 their storefronts and all living and working in relative harmony). Where else but west Devon avenue can you find potato cakes for under 2 dollars anyways!
Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas and Solstice to all (and as Bing, the greatest vocalist I ever heard, used to say, "Happy Holidays")
Yves