[78-L] Dick Spottswood's Christmas Show

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 08:38:44 PST 2008

Here is what I JUST got from Dick Spottswood. His show is on TODAY!

Steve

Here's my offering: DICK SPOTTSWOOD SHOW                CHRISTMAS WEEK                www.BlueGrassCountry.org Today (Sunday)        1-3 PM Wednesday                1-3 PM or go to the website to hear the streamed version any time.   Special music for the season, from Hank Snow, the Louvin Brothers, the Roaring Lion, Johnnie & Jack, the Isaacs, Bill Monroe, and other enduring Obsolete Music stalwarts.  You won't hear them on loudspeakers in the mall--aren't you glad we have BlueGrassCountry??  Merry Christmas! BILL MONROE        Old Ebenezer Scrooge            Bear Family BCD 16637 BILL MONROE        Christmas Time's A-Coming                Bear Family BCD 15423 STANLEY BROTHERS        Christmas Time Is Near        King KBSCD-7000 RALPH STANLEY        I'm Going Home, It's Christmas Time        FRC CD-639 THE ISAACS                I Feel the Christmas Spirit                Horizon 00702 HANK SNOW        Frosty the Snowman                Bear Family BCD 15426 HANK SNOW        Christmas Roses                Bear Family BCD 15426 SONNY BOY WILLIAMSON        Christmas Morning Blues        RCA Bluebird 87863-66796-2 FAIRFIELD FOUR & NASHVILLE BLUEGRASS BAND             Last Month Of the Year         Warner Bros. 9-26945-2 KELLEY PACE et al.             Holy Babe                Rounder CD 1514 JOHNNIE & JACK                From the Manger To the Cross        Bear Family BCD 15553 LOUVIN BROTHERS        Away In a Manger        Bear Family BCD 15561 COTTON TOP MOUNTAIN SANCTIFIED SINGERS     Christ Was Born On Christmas Morn         Dust to Digital 02 LOUVIN BROTHERS        While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks        Bear Family BCD 15561 LOS JIBAROS        Décimas de Nacimiento - Décimas de Navidad        Harlequin CD 22 SEXTETO OKEH        Estrella de Oriente        Harlequin CD 22 THE LION                Customs Fire                Bear Family BCD 16623 THE LION                Netty-Netty                Matchbox MBCD 301-2 LORD EXECUTOR        Christmas Is a Joyful Day        Matchbox MBCD 301-2 LEROY CARR        Christmas In Jail - Ain't That a Pain        Dust to Digital 02 KANSAS CITY KITTY        Christmas Morning Blues        RCA Bluebird 87863-667619-2 BESSIE SMITH        At the Christmas Ball                Frog DGF 43 GRANDPA JONES        The Christmas Guest                Bear Family BCD 15788 LOUVIN BROTHERS        Good Christian Men Rejoice                Bear Family BCD 15561 LOUVIN BROTHERS        The Friendly Beasts        Bear Family BCD 15561 RALPH STANLEY        Beautiful Star of Bethlehem        FRC CD-639 Out-of-print and non-CD sources:   GENE AUTRY        Rudolph, the Red Noised Reindeer                Columbia, 1949 PASQUALE FEIS        Tu Scende Dalle Stelle                Columbia, 1918 DENNIS CRUMPTON & ROBERT SUMMERS        Go I'll Send Thee        Perfect, 1935 UNITED SACRED HARP MUSICAL ASSOCIATION    Sherburne  (private recording) THE LION        Christmas Prayer Meeting        Parlophone (UK), 1954