[78-L] Stolen records

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Dec 20 22:15:00 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Weiner" <djwein at earthlink.net>
> Ah Roger Sturtevant and his stamps! He would send me postcards using so
> many
> old low-denomination stamps that there would be little room left for the
> message....

There were operations who used to buy left-over postage stamps from stamp
dealers who bought up commemorative stamps hoping they would be saleable
at higher prices! There were other operations who  sold extra commemmorative
stamps at much less than face value!

I used to get auction lists from (the late?!) Peter Leavitt...and the
envelopes
were all but COVERED with outdated commemorative  stampS!

...stevenc