[78-L] Columbia 3114-D

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 14:54:41 PST 2008

Thanks, everyone!

Speaking of eccentric and concentric stop grooves and US Columbia, it
seems like Columbia only began using some time in the first part of
1934.  I have a Vocalion reissue of two Chick Webb sides with W
152658-1 (20 December 1933, from 2875-D) having the concentric stop
groove, W 152740 (18 May 1934, from 2926-D) having the eccentric.  But
strangely enough, I have 2948-D, which has the lowest ARC numbers of
any of them (CO 15541 and 15542, both recorded 7 August 1934) and both
have the concentric stop groove.  Also unusual on it is the use of
letter suffixes to indicate take numbers.