[78-L] Columbia 3114-D

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 13:54:31 PST 2008

I just received this Royal Blue record in my Nauction winnings.

CO 18559-1  'Misty islands of the highlands'--Henry Hall and his Orchestra
CO 18560-1  'Dinner for one, please, James'--Lew Stone and his Orchestra

Both labels state 'imported recording'.  I know Hall and Stone are
English bands.  Tyrone's list shows the same date for both sides, 23
January 1936.

Given that the above matrix numbers are in the ARC series, and the
appearance of the grooves on both sides look like American Columbia
records of the time (leading me to think both sides are dubs) I expect
the date above is the date such dubs were made from whatever sources
ARC had, not the date or dates of the original recordings.

Has anyone the pertinent information regarding the dates, sources (UK
Columbia?) and matrix numbers of the original recordings?  Thanks!