[78-L] Pile o' 78s^

Thomas Whetston thomas.whetston at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 12:38:43 PST 2008

In the field, people were kicked out of the service, sometimes jailed
for stealing these things.

Er, the deal is that AFRTS doesn't particularly care about someone
selling a handful of ETs.  They only jump in when it's a LOT of disks or
someone's making a ton of money on it.  Of course they reserve the right
to bla bla bla.

Last year someone was selling a bunch of Jubilees at that internet
place.  They were bid up to silly.  The auction was ended early.
there was a rumor of intervention but to date no-one has details.

Anyone actually have details on an auction being pulled?  By whom, which
department of the government.

I've heard the stories, but it looks urban legend to me.

Thom
AFRTS 1976-83