[78-L] Cantor/Jolson films in the MGM/FOX - A report

William A Brent bbrent at pipeline.com
Wed Dec 17 10:25:38 PST 2008

At 12:14 PM 12/17/2008, you wrote:
>Speaking of large DVD sets, John McCormack-philes will be glad to know that
>"Song o' My Heart" is now on DVD from Fox, but only in a box set
>devoted to the
>works of Frank Borzage and F.W. Murnau. There have been no hints
>that Fox will
>release these titles as singles, but Amazon has it for quite a bit less than
>the suggested retail price.

Might well be worth it

did they ever release Wings of the Morning? saw a 16mm technicolor
print of that
about 15 years ago - very pretty - not a big horse movie fan, but McCormack was
nice to see (holding his lyrics as always :-)
I believe its in the Public Domain, but haven't come across it on tape/disc