[78-L] An English Decca query

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 12:23:33 PST 2008

Much thanks! I had sort of guessed it to be a special series (whether it ultimately
came to fruition or not), but it's good to have confirmation.

Speaking of international series, how widely were Decca established
before 1940 or so? The label existed in the Netherlands, the U.S. and Canada,
of course, but did they have branches elsewhere in Europe? I know they had an agreement
with DG/Polydor from about 1932, so their masters may have appeared on those labels
(or perhaps Brunswick?). Around the same time the English labels begin to say
"Fabriqué en Angleterre" at the bottom, which might suggest they were exported,
although I'm really not certain.

-Harold