[78-L] An English Decca query

Chris Zwarg doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de
Tue Dec 16 11:42:37 PST 2008

At 20:31 16.12.2008, you wrote:
>In the various Rust discographies that I've seen, English Decca issues
>for given artists always seem to skip from the F.3000 to the F.5000 series,
>whether the artist in question is a vocalist or a dance band.
>Does anyone know what, if anything, the F.4000 series was used
>for?
>
>-Harold

The British series jumps from F 3999 to F 5000 in spring 1934. According to one source, the F 4000-4999 block was used for foreign-language material, but I have yet to find a trace of even a single such issue. Post-1945, new "international" series (German, French, etc.) were started at F 40000 (five-digit); maybe this was confused with F 4000 (four-digit) at some point???

Chris Zwarg