[78-L] Horowitz "stars and Stripes" Help wanted

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 16 07:49:05 PST 2008

It exists, along with a few other performances, but not released:
Sousa, John Philip

         The Stars and Stripes Forever (Arr. Horowitz)

March 28, 1945: Carnegie Hall, New York City, New York (Live) [New York
Première] - Unreleased

May 6, 1945: Unknown Location (Studio) - Unreleased

March 4, 1946: Carnegie Hall, New York City, New York (Live) - Unreleased

April 24, 1946: Carnegie Hall, New York City, New York (Live) - Unreleased

April 2, 1948: Carnegie Hall, New York City, New York (Live) - Unreleased

February 21, 1949: Carnegie Hall, New York City, New York (Live) - Unreleased

May 13, 1949: Unknown Location (Studio) - Unreleased

July 22, 1949: Unknown Location (Studio) - Unreleased

August 2, 1949: Hollywood Bowl, California (Live) - The Radio Years: RY 92

October 9, 1950: Unknown Location (Studio) - Unreleased

December 29, 1950: Hunter College Auditorium, New York City, New York (Studio)

RCA Victor: GD 60526

Living Stage: LS 4035177 (from the 1951 Guest Star Radio Broadcast)    [+]

April 23, 1951: Carnegie Hall, New York City, New York (Live) - RCA Victor:
GD87755

 From Horowitz discography:
http://web.telia.com/~u85420275/alphabetical.htm

dl