[78-L] Greetings and some more eBay venting

Omar Facelli gaucho at netgate.com.uy
Sat Dec 13 04:39:36 PST 2008

I'm sure he doesn't use those dreaded styrofoam peanuts I use all the
time to annoy most of you (I'm an evil 78 seller), but for enjoyment
of several jolly cats who like to play with the sticky things...

I take this opportunity to send you all my warm regards and the
wishes of happiness, good health (and a better economy!) for these
upcoming Holidays and especially for the New Year.

Take care and go on venting!

Omar Facelli in Montevideo, Uruguay

P.S. What I hate of eBay most at this time (I usually never complain
but...) is the $4.00 ENFORCED shipping fees for "domestic" record
orders. I sell on eBay from Uruguay since November 1996, so HEY, they
know there are ALSO people living and making business from outside
the States, so there can't be a DOMESTIC US shipping service applied
in ALL record listings! Besides the fact of not differentiating
between country borders, there's the fact of qualifying all record
shipping as similar by standardizing the $4 shipping fee to all
record formats (CDs, vinyls, shellacs!). I forwarded an extensive
letter explaining these issues (and more, such as the suggestion from
one of the eBay representatives of adding the shipping difference to
the actual "buy it now" price, hence overpricing any and all store
listings one by one!) to Kristina Klausen (Senior Director, Shipping)
but have not received a response.