[78-L] ebay gripes

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Dec 12 18:58:14 PST 2008

Ken Matheson wrote:

>      Ebay has seemed to have turned into a tool for commercial purposes.  With all the regulations they have it seems to be no linger a garage sale for the world. But still I find many of the 78 sellers are totally amateurish.

Surprise!!!  They ARE amateurs!  While there are some established
record dealers/record collectors, many are not record collectors but are
garage sale goers who buy all sorts of assorted stuff for the sole
purpose of selling them on e-bay.  They no nothing about any of the
different types of items.  They no nothing of the value of these
things.  If it cost them a dime or a dollar they figure they can get at
least two or three bucks if it sells.  If it doesn't sell it goes into
the next garage sale they hold themselves or they take a tax deduction
at Goodwill.  They don't know how to pack records because they are at
the level of packing salt and pepper shakers.  Take a look at what else
they are selling or what else they have sold in the recent past.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com