[78-L] Subj: Re: Most Prized Record(s)

Supebatone, channeled by Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 9 19:08:52 PST 2008

(Again, forwarded on behalf of Brad Kay. DL)

Fun topic!  Here are some of my all-time favorites…

"Stock Yards Strut"  Freddie Keppard's Jazz Cardinals Paramount
"My Daddy Rocks Me"   Husk O'Hare's Footwarmers Vocalion
    (All those late 15000 Vocalions by crazy white jazz bands)
The whole set of Cole Porter Victors ('34 - '35)
Walter Gieseking  Beethoven piano sonata Op. 101  Columbia Masterworks
"Piggly Wiggly"  Windy Rhythm Kings Paramount
"My Castle in Spain"  Jane Green  Victor
"Blue River"  Frankie Trumbauer  OKeh
"Rabbit Hash"  Billy Golden Victor (the very early version)
"Riffs"  James P. Johnson   OKeh
"Travelling Blues"  Blind Sammie  Columbia
"The Intoxicated Rat"   Dixon Bros.  Bluebird

The list goes on…   - Brad K