[78-L] Cataloguing software, and necessary data fields

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Tue Dec 9 08:29:56 PST 2008

        I like the idea of breaking the grouping fields into medium,
recording & composition.  I also like the idea of using MS-Access to
create the database.  However, I'm not brave enough to venture into
Access, which I believe is more complicated than it needs to be.
        Does anyone photograph their records, for insurance purposes or
otherwise?
        Does anyone have an opinion about Tom Lord's Jazz discography
online?  It looks to me to be the same as the CD-ROM version, only updated
more often.  Does it allow for personal entries, like my homemade MP3 of
such-and-such, or does it only recognize commercial releases?  I see that
it is fed by the jazz labels, and I have the fear that that may compromise
the usability of the database.
                http://www.lordisco.com/index.html

Stephen D
Calgary

addressed, and may
contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please
contact the sender
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
and do not copy,
distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in
error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may