[78-L] Most Prized Record(s)

Gregg Kimball gdkimball at cox.net
Mon Dec 8 19:38:35 PST 2008

There are so many . . . I'm glad that others couldn't settle on just one
disc either.

Silver Leaf Quartette of Norfolk, I Can Tell the World / I Am a Pilgrim,
Okeh 8594

Apollo Jubilee Quartette, Swing Low, Sweet Chariot / Shout All Over God's
Heaven, Columbia A1169 (one of the first records I found junking)

Uncle Bunt Stephens, Left in the Dark Blues / Candy Girl, Columbia 15085

Bessie Smith, You've Got to Give Me Some / I'm Wild About That Thing,
Columbia 14427-D

Dykes' Magic City Trio, Cotton Eyed Joe / Tennessee Girls, Brunswick 120

Paul Robeson, At Dawning / Just A Wearyin' For You, Victor 25873

John J. Kimmel / Patrick J. Touhey, My Partners Fancy--Medley of Irish Reels
/ The Maid on the Green--Medley of Irish Jigs, Victor 19271

Jimmie Rodgers, Blue Yodel / Away Out On The Mountain, Sunrise S-3172

Isidore Soucy, Reel Des Commandos / Gigue De Dieppe, Starr 16506

Gregg K