[78-L] Cataloguing software, and necessary data fields

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Mon Dec 8 13:43:55 PST 2008

Folks,
        can anyone recommend a good cataloguing software for my record
collection?
        Now that I've passed #200 in my acquisition of 78's (total worth
approx. $15, I suppose), and as I speculate on getting a home computer to
dub and clean up the sound, it's time to think of something better than
the MS-Excel spreadsheet that I've been using to record my holdings.
        I don't want to use an online service, but I'm interested in
knowing if anyone subscribes to one for this purpose, and what they think
of it.
        Which data fields are required for entry for each side?  Here's my
guess:

Personal inventory # * Artist * Song title * Composer / Lyricist * Mx# *
Label * Label # * Recording date * Release date ??? * Condition * Notes (a
catch all field) *

- Stephen D
Calgary

addressed, and may
contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please
contact the sender
immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication,
and do not copy,
distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in
error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may