[78-L] ^Broken formatting of replies (was Re: Songs in ads vs. ad songs)

Jeff Lichtman jeff at swazoo.com
Sun Dec 7 01:02:56 PST 2008

Lately I've been replies on 78-L where the quoted
lines have been merged into a single line,
messing up the formatting so badly as to make the
message almost illegible. What I see in my mail
client is a single paragraph with ">" symbols
indicating quoted lines interspersed throughout.
This seems to happen when certain people reply,
especially Cary Ginell (soundthink at aol.com).

Is anyone else seeing the same thing? It's
possible that the problem is at my end, but I
suspect the problem is with the sender. I am
including an example of the problem below.