[78-L] Songs in ads vs. ad songs

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 6 19:32:17 PST 2008

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]

Not nessa, Sara Lee. Columbia was pressing 16-inch 33RPM transcriptions by 1931
and the sound is magnificent on them. Some were even pressed as picture discs,
like the "Famous Artists of the Air" Brian Boyd had. He also had a batch of
Blue Coal Minstrels and Bulova 15 Minute Men from that same period, all
obtained from Jim Hadfield.