[78-L] Record playing speed ,,^..^,, (Joke)

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Dec 5 19:42:28 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <fnarf at comcast.net>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 1:42 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Record playing speed ,,^..^,, (Joke)

>> It should look like this: (hope it works)
>> | '''
>> | (0 0)
>> |___,,,^..^,,,__/----oOO---(_)---OOo---
>> |

> It doesn't work, as you can see. No matter what you do to your email on
> your end, my email client displays it in a proportional font, which throws
> the ASCII graphic out of whack. ASCII refers to the character set used by
> old fixed-width terminals, where these graphics began.

Your reply worked jes' fine...BECAUSE I have my e-mail program set
to display messages in "Courier New!"

One CANNOT create text-based graphics in any proportional fonts...!

They LOOK right purty...but are otherwise useless! The same applies
(IN SPADES!!) to Mr. Gates' "Rich Text Format," which is NOTHING
more or less than e-mailing mini-web-pages...!!

YOUR e-mail is displayed in the font that YOU select in your e-mail-
reading program...which has SFA to do with how the sender WANTED
it to be displayed...?!

...stevenc