[78-L] Stereo copies?

Martin Fenton mafenton at talktalk.net
Fri Dec 5 17:37:09 PST 2008

Randy Watts wrote:
> The GNP Crescendo FIRST FAMILY was a c. 1980s reissue, if I recall correctly.

This sounds about right, Randy. I remember seeing a note in Record
Collector magazine circa 1982/3 that both this and the MCA reissue of
"You Don't Have To Be Jewish" were coming out around the same time, and
them querying whether it was a coincidence, given that the recordings
were issued and re-issued on unconnected labels.

The MCA "Jewish" was mono, but I'm not sure it was recorded in stereo in
the first place (my US Kapp issue is certainly mono, with no mention of
a parallel stereo issue on the packaging.)

--
Martin.