[78-L] Thursday Night Trivia

kil at roadrunner.com kil at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 5 17:34:33 PST 2008

> Thurday night Trivia
>
> Name two songs whose lyrics contain a brand name appliance?
> I know two.... there may be more but I'll be surprised if there are.

It's now Friday night.  Here are the two I was thinking of.
But first..........
All the guesses with Victrola were good.  I'd never thought of that, in fact I was probably thinking of kitchen appliances, but I didn't specify.  That would make the Pianola guess OK also.
I'm mostly surprised by the number of songs that used Fridgedaire.  It just seemed to rhyme easily, certainly easier than General Electric or Kelvinator.
The least obscure song that everybody missed, that is everybody but one, was TWO SLEEPY PEOPLE, using Fridgedaire.  One subscriber, Jeff,  got that one earlier today, but answered off list.  I don't know if he wanted to remain anonymous so I won't give his full name.
The tough one using Waring Blender is the Warren Zevon tune, POOR POOR PITIFUL ME, not on 78.
RayK