[78-L] Stereo copies?

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 4 20:49:37 PST 2008

But do you see them in STEREO??  We know they are out them in mono, but
do you see STEREO copies??????  THAT is what the discussion was about.
Plus the fact that there HAS already been two CD issues.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

What I don't get is that stereo was such a big deal - promoted to the hilt
in the late 50s-early 60s, with "stereo" emblazoned proudly across record
jackets - WB being one of the most blatant - and incidentally, also a way to
squeeze and extra buck out of consumers. So isn't  it a bit odd that by
1962, stores were discouraging customers from asking for stereo copies of
THE FIRST FAMILY and WB's MY SON, THE FOLKSINGER by not even bothering to
carry or order them?

Dave W.