[78-L] Vaughn Meader and Sam Goody

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 4 15:05:22 PST 2008

Odd about "My Son" not turning up in stereo over the years..I have it, from a
radio station, and it was in print for years. I also have a mono copy with a
mono slick and a stereo backside (sounds like a rare medical condition).

I have never seen a stereo First Family Volume II..that probably didn't come
out in Canada. In fact I don't think Volume I was in stereo in Canada. The
market wasn't big enough..much of the comedy was on Verve, and Quality almost
never brought out stereo versions of any of those albums, nor did Sparton
(Alklen & Rossi et al). Quality was so cheap they wouldn't even do gatefold
albums unless for a BIG important album, and they even kept the cover on The
New First Family 1968 in black and white..I didn't know there was color till I
found a US pressing. Don't get me started on Canadian record companies (even
the majors) and their penny pinching jackets.

dl