[78-L] Japanese in Berlin

Birgit Lotz Verlag Birgit-Lotz-Verlag at gmx.de
Wed Dec 3 10:54:41 PST 2008

Chris writes: "Are you sure (from the content of the disc) about
Japanese? The script does make sense in Chinese - read from right to
left the characters are "bo lin chun qiu" in modern Pinyin
transcription, where "bo lin" is a phonetical approximation of "Berlin",
and "chun qiu" means "a year" or "four seasons". Not very helpful
though.....

Certainly the Japanese do like to use Chinese script especially for
formal purposes (like a record logo!), so maybe the words have a more
specific expressiveness in Japanese...?"

No, I am not sure at all, as I neither speak, write or understand
Chinese, nor Japanese for that matter. BUT to MY ears the singing is
Japanese not Chinese...

Rainer

--
Dr. Rainer E. Lotz