[78-L] Columbia 647

Jack Raymond jraymond at alumni.princeton.edu
Sun Nov 30 09:04:59 PST 2008

Yes, if the Florodora girls recorded their number for Columbia it was
probably on Take 2.  But can anyone shed light on a recording of the
song by a sextette on Canadian Berliner 1178?  Edward B Moogk in his
"Roll Back the Years" indicates that there was a Berliner record that he
says was "by the original cast of Florodora."  Was he confusing Berliner
with Columbia, or did he know what he was talking about.  Or could the
Berliner performance be by the girls of the London production?

-- Jack Raymond