[78-L] Dealer stamps on labels

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Sat Nov 29 12:23:43 PST 2008

I have 7 label pictures with Brunswick dealer stamps around the label, but also 2 around other labels:
one on (Pathe) Actuelle 020547 (from Austin) (orig. release mid-1921),
and one on Victor 17818 (from Raleigh, N.C.).

The Brunswicks are from all over the country:
Oakland; Wisconsin (2x); Connersville, Indiana; Minot, N. Dakota (2x); Utica, New York.
The range of the Brunswicks is 2008-2337 (= released ca.1/20 - late 22).
Br's with text "Licensed Brunswick dealer", but the Pathe stamp only mentions the shop.
The Victor states "Licensed [space] dealer", and it seems that here Brunswick is omitted !
Maybe the stamps were supplied by Brunswick (whereas the Pathe stamp was privately made).
The stamps occur only on early Brunswicks and may have been made to promote the label via special dealers (?).
The Victor is an earlier recording though with a slightly later label type: batwing without price (in use since mid-1918).

Han Enderman
===