[78-L] shtunked-up labels, was Re: Liberty Music Shop L-231

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Fri Nov 28 18:30:33 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Taylor Bowie" <bowiebks at isomedia.com>
> Our Goodwill store here in Seattle used to put these nasty little stickers
> on the label...don't know what sort of glue they used but ir really would
> stick...I still have some records which I never bothered to tidy up and
> take
> the tags off.
>
> Some of the old dealer tags are interesting but I hate to see any later
> tags
> or stickers.

In fact, (IMO) ANY dealer info is interesting! I've seen "stickers" on
records...white ink/paint imprints in run-outs (Brunswick, c.1921-23)...
sleeves, even for used records (one Milwaukee dealer in particular..!)...
"carry bags" (which seem to have been provided by labels, and often
overprinted by record stores)...! It's sometimes interesting to see
how far records have travelled over ensuing decades...!

...stevenc