[78-L] 78 Thanks

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Nov 27 15:20:25 PST 2008

Michael Biel wrote:
> David Lennick wrote:
>
>> How did I not notice "1942 Turkey In The Straw" already in Cary's list?
>>
>> And if we have to have the original Turkey, let's at least make it by Gid
>> Tanner, or David Guion's arrangement played by the Boston Pops.

Oh, I forgot to include this -- what makes Gid Tanner's version so
"original"???  Billy Golden was decades earlier!!  He even recorded it
for Berliner.

And I see listed in Moran & Fagen another interesting tune on an
interesting date:
The Turkey and the Turk, Will F. Denny  Victor 955  (A-955-1)
         Monarch 3563 (3563-1)   Sept. 11, 1901   (M retired Oct 25,
1902  622 copies)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com