[78-L] 78 Thanks

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Nov 27 15:00:27 PST 2008

David Lennick wrote:
> How did I not notice "1942 Turkey In The Straw" already in Cary's list?
>
> And if we have to have the original Turkey, let's at least make it by Gid
> Tanner, or David Guion's arrangement played by the Boston Pops.
>
> Turk In the Murkadurk..Cyril Ritchard (still 78 era, but on LP)

Along that line, how come nobody has mentioned Turk Murphy??

And shame, Shame, SHAME on ALL of you for not including the most
important Thanksgiving recording ever made --
Stan Freberg's Pilgrim Progress (Take An Indian To Lunch) and The
Thanksgiving Story (Under the Double Turkey) !!!!!
These might not have been on 78, but Freberg was.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com