[78-L] Sound remaster an restoration/where to start

Chris Zwarg doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de
Thu Nov 27 14:20:15 PST 2008

At 23:11 27.11.2008, you wrote:
>Thanks again, I have a new query then:
>
>Which would be the good parameters of such not lossy format flat file?
>(I only have used Windows PCM Format [I think 16 bits (may be 24) 44100 Stereo]

That's a handy format as it represents CD standard - you can make such a file into to Audio-CD without re-converting (which even if not lossy may always be a source of problems).

>Are AIFF

AIFF is the Mac equivalent of WAV; no difference in either quality or size between the two.

>o FLAC better foth this porpouse? (not sure if i can have these)

Try if you can install the FLAC encoder/decoder to your system. There are also plugins for several types of software (under WinXP at least, both Nero and CoolEdit/Audition can be made to support it). FLAC files carry *all* the information of the original WAV but take only about half the harddisk space (lossless compression).

Chris Zwarg