[78-L] Dumbest thing you've ever done to a 78, pt2

Bud Black banjobud at cfl.rr.com
Sun Nov 23 12:21:29 PST 2008

Many years ago (1955, or so) I happened to meet an old gentleman who used to
own a music store, but when belly-up in the early days of the Great
Depression.  He still had a pretty good supply of unused records that he
just boxed up when he closed his doors.  This 84 year old gentleman told me
I could take any records I wanted for twenty-five cents apiece.  Among this
treasure trove was (hold your breath here) a box of twenty Nordskog
recordings of Eva Tanguay singing "I Don't Care."  Dumbest thing I ever did?
 I only bought one.  But at the time, I had no idea of it's rarity and value
 To this day I can see that treasure in my mind.  (sigh)

Bud