[78-L] Test...

Ted Kneebone tkneebone1 at abe.midco.net
Thu Nov 20 13:55:33 PST 2008

Let's see if this one gets thru.  Tried 2 or 3 times and nothing appeared...

At one point we were discussing the fade out-fade in technique of the 1930s.
Stokowski's people did that with his Nutcracker suite on Victor.  I think it
was later issued on Camden without the fades.

We talked about the cutoffs of Toscanini's version of Beethoven's 7th
symphony with the NYPSO, and of the Beethoven violin concerto with Heifetz.
Reissues corrected those problems, including the long silences at he
beginnings of the discs.

On Koussevitzky's BSO disc of the Berlioz Roman Carnival Overture, the final
chord's echo was cut short.

On the other hand, I have read of Beecham's congratulatory comment ("Good
work, men!" or something like that) contained in the leadout gooves of
something, maybe by Berlioz.

Ted Kneebone. 1528 S. Grant St., Aberdeen, SD 57401. Phone: 605-226-3344.