[78-L] e-bay sellers record grading

fnarf at comcast.net fnarf at comcast.net
Wed Nov 19 10:30:43 PST 2008

I don't know what grading standard 78 dealers typically use (my only Ebay foray there resulted in an Ella Fitzgerald disc that arrived in thirty pieces) but that's standard for LP dealers. VG- means "thrashed", VG is "beat", EX is worn but playable, NM- is good, and NM is very good. There is no "Mint" -- mint means "new". I personally wouldn't touch anything less than EX outside of a thrift store.

--
Steve.

From: DAVID BURNHAM <burnhamd at rogers.com>