[78-L] Experimental Electrics on Autograph Label

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Wed Nov 19 05:21:07 PST 2008

The only other Gennett known to me with "Cannot be broadcasted" is 5175 (Viola McCoy). Strange that it is used at random, it seems, in this small range 5175-5188 (for ex., not on King Oliver's 5184).

Han Enderman
===

>>> In fact, these 1924 Gennetts tried to reconstruct the English language!
>>> The notic, at the bottom of the label, reads "This record is not to be
>>> broadcasted..."!
>>>
>>> ...stevenc

*******
I first noticed this "Broadcasted" notice on the label of Gennett 5180.
After scanning my Gennett label library it also appears on Ge 5186,
5187, and 5188 and never again. In fact I can't find this notice
anywhere else on Starr/Gennett releases, even correctly spelled!
Odd.
====