[78-L] e: Story of the LP

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 17 14:41:41 PST 2008

My point (and my hair almost covers it) is that at no time did Columbia refer
to this as the Lp. Every reference to the product in the 1949 catalog says LP.
The logo consists of the letters contained in a circle, with the horizontal of
the L leading directly to the circle of the P which is 50% lower, but I don't
see it as lower case..I looked at my copy of ML 4001 this morning, in its
original tattered paper sleeve.

Lp is closer to the spirit of the logo but all their literature called it "LP".
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

dl