[78-L] Billboard charts

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Nov 11 11:05:37 PST 2008

From: "David Weiner" <djwein at earthlink.net>
> Man, do I hate Joel Whitburn!
> http://membran.net/Serien_Label/Jazz_Blues/Jazz_in_the_Charts/index.html

Actually there are 100 CDs of good stuff here, but I find no info
specifying they did the selection via Pop Memories.  It is not as if
each CD is one year.  As we all know, jazz was not really the best
selling records in those (or nearly any) years, so it is not as if these
are picking the top selling records.  They might be picking the "best
selling" JAZZ records, but I do not have Pop Memories so I can not tell
if that is the case.
Any indication of price of these?  Are the perhaps in one or two huge
boxes for a small price per disc?

Of course, if they DO quote Whitburn . . .

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com