[78-L] Living Era redux, was Re: Fw: The FBI IS doggin' my trail!! ^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 10 14:26:39 PST 2008

Randy Watts wrote:
> Had not heard about that. So you are having to redo them for Nimbus? The Living Eras I've heard sounded okay, I thought. At least once they got out of that early habit of leaning a little too heavy on the reverb. But then most everybody was doing that at the time.

As did I, for ProArte/Intersound.  I'm not re-doing any (wish I were, I could
get paid for them) but popular Living Era titles are being remastered by our
own Alan Bunting, and some titles that hadn't been issued when the axe fell are
appearing in the first batch.
http://www.retrospective-records.co.uk/

> P.S. I have an aunt who can never get enough Ken Griffin. She just loves that stuff.

Judging by the number of 78s and LPs and TRIBUTE albums I keep turning up in
the thrift shops, so did a lot of people. Although this phenomenon continues to
feed my theory that Ken Griffin records breed in captivity.

dl