[78-L] Now Victor discography

P G C re_p_g_c at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 10 12:59:28 PST 2008

Can I Post imeges here? (new to the list)

Many thanks for the anwsers to my Columbia - Victor issue, they were very ilustrative.

NOW:
I found a Victor Record it has 2 sides with Mexican "Milatary" Bands.
("Banda de Policia" and "Banda de Zapadores")

The Catalog numbers are 62010-A and 62020-B (is this a reprint?)
(Matrix for side A) 98145.

The label is bigger than usual and the price list was 75 cents.

I serached for this in
http://victor.library.ucsb.edu/index.php

No success, but it seems (from the matrix number it was recorded also in 1907)
the melody "Soko" was composed by John Arnold (the labes reads onu "arnold").

In the case of victor:

The questions:
The catalogs (discography), were diferent if the discs had an out of USA market?
The matrix, share the serial number sequence?

Thanks again.

                          '''
                         (0 0)