[78-L] columbia Discography

Chris Zwarg doctordisc at truesoundtransfers.de
Mon Nov 10 10:59:17 PST 2008

At 19:34 10.11.2008, you wrote:

>In a message dated 11/10/2008 1:00:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
>burnhamd at rogers.com writes:
>
>If there  are two companies in this world that NEVER shared/exchanged
>masters, it's  Columbia and Victor!!

>how would one characterize those Columbia/Climax-VTM discs (pressed by  Burt)
>in early 1902? Admittedly, it was an unusual episode...
>
>Allen

OK, OK, I admit I was careless in my phrasing. But even those Climax discs AFAIK, a "joint" Col/Vic product though they may have been, formed a distinct series and were never issued with Victor labels, or were they? I still can't think of any pre-EMI Columbia masters issued with Victor labels or vice versa. Am I wrong again?

Chris Zwarg