[78-L] make your own record ingrediants....

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Nov 8 20:53:22 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "DanKj" <edisone1 at verizon.net>
To: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>; "78-L Mail List"
<78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
> Hey Mr.David;
> I still want to KILL and DESTROY  every happy-peppy dance band.  Even
> though
> I provided my own 5,000 files to replace Bob's 112 or so ARC crappy dance
> bands ,   18 hours hours a day is enough to kill the soul.  It bugs the
> crud
> out of me that I now hate my own record collection.
> 'Dismuke' is an ugly name foe a music service.

OBJECTION!!

I happen to be an enthusiatic admirer of the 1929-34(+/-) "hotel band" era
of dance bands...admittedly, the jazz content is minimal, but I still
believe
that "music" can exist separately from "jazz" (in fact, was post-WWII jazz
actually music? Discuss and cite references/examples...?!)

...stevenc