[78-L] The FBI IS doggin' my trail!! ^

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Nov 8 07:28:51 PST 2008

Swamp Daddy wrote:
>> scam, watch out. It's been going around.
>> Swamp Daddy
> So speaks Special Agent Swamp Daddy! Does the FBI have "ordinary" agents?
> Julian Vein

Don't laugh, but my collection was once raided by the FBI.  It was back
in the mid-70s and in addition to records I was also collecting 16mm
films of old TV programs.  The films were still in my parents' house a
couple of miles away from where my wife and I lived, and the FBI called
and wanted to see my films.  The agents from the Hackensack NJ office
(who KNEW there was an FBI office in Hackensack!) were rather
disappointed when I explained to them what I had.  When you pay 3 or 10
bucks for a 1,000 foot reel of film which has a raw film cost of over
$50 plus processing, etc., you are not dealing in pirated productions
but old used prints.  One of the dealers I was buying from, ironically
the one I thought was the most honest, was being accused of making
prints of recent feature films.  The special agent (I think one of the
two was more special than the other) showed me the order that Washington
had sent them to do the investigation.  He did not understand what it
was that they were looking for, so I had to translate it for him.  It
was a rather strange experience, very much different from the image of
Efram Zimbalest in TV's "The FBI" or the old radio show "The FBI In
Peace and War".  It was more like the Keystone Kops.

Right now I'm hearing a news report that David Halberstam had been
tracked by the FBI for 20 years and that his file has just been
disclosed thru a Freedom of Information request.  I wonder what is in MY
FBI file!!!   "Was in possession of two subversive episodes of The
Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet!"  Oh my goodness, I just realized that I
have a kine of  "The Dating Game" and another of "The Newlywed Game"
both produced by CIA Agent Chuck Barris!!!  Maybe they thought __ I __
was a CIA Agent!

Mike (admitted subversive) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com