[78-L] The Dream of the Rarebit Fiend

J.F. Bennett citypointsb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 00:04:59 PDT 2008

Folks,

I just picked up a fun record. *The Dream of the Rarebit Fiend* on Columbia
3602 (3602-2-X-5 and M-1365-2x under the label and in the run-out
respectively. I know of the comic strip and I found mention of this number
being recorded by the Edison Military Band as well. It's a rollicking
recording. Was the tune recorded on other labels? Did it "die out after the
strip fell from prominence? Is there any story to it? I had never heard of
it or the strip until about a month ago. Thanks in advance...

Phonographically,
John B.