[78-L] Meller/Moreschi.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 21 04:12:18 PDT 2008

Hi!

A big thankyou to Harold Aherne who actually addressed my query about
Raquel Meller!

The rest of you started talking about Moreschi! ;-)
(Not quite the same thing, you know!) ;-)

In case you are interested, I bought the Red G&T of the Mozart
excerpt for 10 pounds. Not bad!
It looks pretty rough but plays surprisingly well.

A note on the sleeve from an earlier owner of the record suggests
that there are three castrati singing and that Moreschi took the alto
part. I have no idea if this is true or not. I just act as the
messenger!

There was a long article about the Sistine recordings in an old issue
of The Record Collector, by the way.

Earl Okin.