[78-L] Raquel Meller. Query.

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Mon Oct 20 12:19:30 PDT 2008

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Raquel+Meller&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&o
q=

-----Original Message-----
From: 78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com
[mailto:78-l-bounces at klickitat.78online.com]On Behalf Of Spats
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 1:04 PM
To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
Subject: [78-L] Raquel Meller. Query.

Hi!

I bought a few interesting 78s yesterday, including a 1902 Red G&T of
the Papal choir that included Moreschi, and a lovely 1905, Berlin
recorded G&T of Florencio Constantino, one of my favourite
'under-rated' tenors.

However, I also bought an early version of one of my favourite
popular Spanish songs, the one that's featured all through Chaplin's
City lights. The song is  La Violetera by Padilla.

The singer on this 1926 French recording is a Spanish singer called
Raquel Meller. Not a classical singer, I'd say. Nice, though. Does
anyone here know anything of her?

Earl Okin.