[78-L] Sephardic music website

Peter Fraissinet pf13 at cornell.edu
Mon Oct 20 10:48:36 PDT 2008

Joel,

I've enjoyed perusing your new site, and happy to see so many label
scans!  (Some of them look awfully familiar...)  The paper material
you've accumulated and scanned is impressive as well.  You once gave
me a basic education on the Sephardim and their migrations, and here
it is in living pixels!

This site is a good example of how a web publication is actually more
useful and more navigable than a book, or maybe better put:  you have
used the capabilities of the web to full advantage.  All the internal
links to quickly navigate to and from what would be footnotes or
different sections of the site allow the user to not have to back up
and potentially get lost.  I appreciate that.  Neither is the site
full of annoying java bells and whistles, and typefaces that are
under 4 points in size, so common on "cool" music websites.  I
appreciate that too.  Simple yet elegant.

Perhaps the map on the home page should be a tad bigger to read its
labels though.

Peter

At 10:30 PM 10/16/2008, you wrote:
>Dear Friends: