[78-L] The Record Collector. Vol. 53 No. 3. BELHOMME.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 20 08:23:00 PDT 2008

Hi!

I just received the new issue of The Record Collector.
(This is an indispensable magazine, I think, for the opera record collector...
...I delighted that I have all of them).

This issue is a particularly fine one!

Firstly, it continues the series of 'Desert
Island Discs', wherein collectors choose their 8
'sine qua non' records. I found the piece written
by a certain 'Earl Okin' fascinating reading
indeed! ;-)

Then there are biographies and discographies of
two singers who are both very under-estimated and
whose records I certainly collect. Firstly, the
Spenish coloratura, Josefina Huguet and then the
French bass, Hippolyte Belhomme, mostly known on
Pathé records. The discography was written
Christian Zwarg and to him, I'd like to ask the
following question.

Knowing how apparently without any logic at all
that Pathé seemed to run their catalogue numbers,
how were the recording dates, as accurately as
the month, ascertained?

Secondly, in response to his request for more
transfer serial numbers, I offer these...

55. 4554 (9913BC).
91. 354. (40827GR).
139. 400. (43516GR).

I also own...

104. 703...

...issued on DISQUES HENRI 6.

Earl Okin.

PS For those not already receiving this quarterly magazine, just e-mail to...

larry.lustig at therecordcollector.org

Of-course, the Web site URL is...

http://www.therecordcollector.org