[78-L] Phonograph records in the movies ^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 18 21:28:57 PDT 2008

Steven C. Barr wrote:

> Well...an XXI-Jahrhundert "Continuity Expert" (who is probably wondering
> "Did
> people have TWO legs and TWO arms before the free market was invented...?!"
> can't be bothered with year-to-year details...EVEN if he/she/it knew
> where/how
> to look up such obscurities...!

I could be wrong about the bowl being Corning Ware, but it's identical to one
my wife uses all the time and I don't think it was around in 1948. As for
continuity, the expert was definitely out to lunch in regards to the scene
where Redford is lying by the fire fingering a glass of wine or brandy. From
one angle he's holding it by the base and from the opposite angle he's
balancing it on his chest and holding one finger on the rim, and they keep
cutting back and forth (like the sandwich Goldie Hawn eats in "Foul Play" that
keeps getting larger and smaller).