[78-L] film request for a silent 78 side

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 13 04:00:08 PDT 2008

Hi!

I spoke to Gill gave her a link to a CD of sound effects, including
78 hiss, vintage radio humming etc.
I do also have a 78 here with a silent groove on the reverse side,
which she could borrow (she's only a couple of miles from where I
live), but then the record would have a white label...so you can
never win.

However, I don't think that she understands about multi-track
recording. I'm sure that the sound of the 78 could be added later OR
separated from the dialogue...if you can remove piano from a Caruso
recording before adding a digitally recorded symphony orchestra, I'm
sure that this would be possible.

Earl.