[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 1, Issue 42

John Wright vintage at jabw.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 02:43:06 PDT 2008

In message 78-l-request at klickitat.78online.com writes

>If it's an acoustic player take the diaphragm out of the reproducer, or
>disconnect the stylus carrier from it. They should be able to find a
>"parts only" head, depending on the model player. Dub in the needle
>drop, if necessary.
>If it's electric, well, just turn it amp off!
>Does that cover it?

Probably not, Malcolm. It assumes the production team know something
about gramophones.

So, no silent 78 from this group :o|

Anyone know a very quiet 78 issued in UK in early 1939? Say something by
Carroll Gibbons and the Savoy Hotel Orpheans?

I'll get back to Gill and enquire what the film soundtrack consists of.

--
John Wright